I was nearing my 9,000,000th step when I felt a pull in my left foot. I finished my walk, and went home and put my foot up. The next morning, I was in a lot of pain. I decided to give it a couple of days rest. A week later, with no long days, my foot was still killing me. I went to the doctor, had a couple of x-rays, and learned that there were no breaks. I stayed off it another week, and only started walking yesterday.
So what good did I do in my down time? Not much. I sat on the couch. I I watched tv. I read books--started Shogun. I played endless Spider Solitaire. I am an embarrassing sloth.
Yesterday, I started walking again. My foot did not fall off. It did not all off this morning when I woke up. With any luck, I will finish my 9,000,000th step this week.
If my foot does not work out, I am going to hire the above burro to pack my fat, old body around.

No comments:
Post a Comment