
The virtual me is out freezing to death on the Wyoming plains. I have walked 921 miles since leaving my home in Alameda. A few miles back, I enjoyed two soft serve cones at Little America. I also went to the bathrooms there, the cleanest bathrooms in America. I have since passed Green River, and am on my way to Cheyenne.
I have driven this part of I-80 twice--once in 1982 and once a couple of years ago. In 1982, Dorey and I were headed back to Minnesota so that I could meet her parents. We had been married the past December, but I had not met her parents yet. Probably a smart move on my part. We had Janet Twigg and another gal in the car with us. I remember eating the soft serve cone, and thinking that these were the cleanest bathrooms in America.
The second time I drove in this area was just a couple of years ago. We were driving with Christian as he headed to Illinois for an internship. I needed to check out the bathrooms. They were still clean. To celebrate the unchanging nature of the bathrooms in Little America, I had another soft serve cone.

No comments:
Post a Comment