I have walked 236 miles in my figurative walk to New York City. The figurative me has past the beautiful City of Sparks, Nevada, and is on my way toward Lovelock. Both the literal and figurative me avoided stopping at the Bunny Ranch. As a result, I am still married.
I now have to tread across the Great Basin to Salt Lake City. A few hardy pioneers used to try to cross the desert on this route--going in the reverse direction that the figurative me is now going. They would load up with water and run from Salt Lake City to the Sierras. Most were not so foolhardy, and would cut down through Las Vegas. The Southern Route may have been hotter, but watering spots were closer together.
I am one of the foolhardy ones who is going to try to run across the Northern Nevada route.

No comments:
Post a Comment