
A year ago on this day, Dorey and I went to Ottawa during our vacation. We stopped at the Canadian War Museum. I was a little worried about going into this museum. I have been to a couple of U.S. war museums, and have found them to be gingoistic. The Canadian War Museum, however, was even handed--celebrating the soldiers who served but asking interesting questions about the morality of war. I expected to spend about an hour there, but we spent about four hours there, and could have stayed longer. The most interesting exhibit was the exhibits in which they placed you into a trench as big as the ones in which World War One soldiers stayed. I would have been the first out of the trench, even if that meant death. I hate enclosed spaces. A highly recommended place.
Thinking about this day and this museum as helped me pass the last five miles as I walk toward Lovelock. I have walked 532,539 steps in 44 days. I have walked, then, 252 miles on my journey to New York City. My next major stop, Lovelock, which is 62 miles away.

No comments:
Post a Comment