
The figurative and literal me came down with the H1N1 flu, and could not walk for a couple of days. The literal me wondered how much more miserable this flu would have been had the figurative me out on the desert was an actuality.
After recovery, I started playing catch up in my life, and did not have time to write, despite completing the five mile walk each day. So here’s day three of my sister’s narrative of Bob and Sharyn’s wedding adventure:
_______________
Chelsea: Grandmother had to work hard to put on the wedding. She made al the dresses, did all the planning, and even threw an engagement tea. Here’s what Sharyn said. We came home for Thanksgiving, and my mother had this engagement tea for me, and she had the whole thing to do herself. And she made my wedding dress. And between the time that I was at Thanksgiving and she fitted it on me, and when we got married on December 18 I had lost so much weight that she had to take it all in.
Sean: Incidentally, Frank says that trip at Thanksgiving was memorable. He said, There were 9 of us packed into Bob’s car to come home for Thanksgiving, and we got a flat tire in Carlin. It was the middle of the night, and Bob had to hitchhike to Battle Mountain to get the tire fixed. No one will ever forget that trip.
Tammy: The newspaper article described Sharyn’s dress in some detail: New Mrs. Larsen will be attractively gowned in lace over slipper satin, styled ballerina-length with a full skirt and fitted bodice. Her fingertip veil falls softly from a Juliet cap. She will carry a white orchid surrounded by carnations.
Kate: Here’s what Sharyn recalls about the wedding. As for the wedding itself, I remember going very early to the Salt Lake Temple, in the morning, and I had not taken out my endowments. Bob had, because of the mission thing. And we went through a session, and then we were married. It was a long morning,. I don’t remember the afternoon, but I think we were out fairly late. And then Bob’s folks hosted a reception at Priscilla’s in the Eagle Gate Apartments, for the Salt Lake people. And that was very fancy, with string quartets and things like that.
Jeremy: The newspaper article said this about the Salt Lake reception. The newlyweds will greet close friends and relatives during an evening reception at the home of the bridegroom’s aunt, Mrs. Frank Evans, 105 E. South Temple.
Devon: At the end of it, Sharyn said, I was just in a daze. I was so tired. And then we packed everything in the car and went down and stayed in our apartment in Provo. Then we drove the next day to St. George, and I remember that we spent a night in Santa Barbara.
Basil: Granddad had this to say about their wedding day> We had a Salt Lake reception. I can’t remember much about it except packing the stuff into the car. Then we went to Santa Barbara and up the coast on our honeymoon. It was great. We drove up Highway One to Santa Barbara. And it was one of these glorious California clear winters.
________
I have walked 786,786 days in 67 days. I have walked 372 miles since leaving home. I will be in Winnemucca in 15 miles.

No comments:
Post a Comment