Monday, August 3, 2009

April Not In Paris But Idaho Part IX






We returned, exhausted, to the Fairfield Inn after dinner. Kate was still with us, as she was waiting for Jacob to finish work and pick her up. They were then going to drive to Meridian to Jacob’s parents’ house. I just wanted to go to sleep. Jacob would not be off until 9:30, and then would have 45 minutes before he would arrive in Rexburg. We sat in the room, waiting. It was miserable. Finally, Dorey and Kate went to the lobby to wait, and I went to sleep.






The next morning, we had to drive across the state in the other direction, this time to land in Meridian. Bob and Sharyn decided that we should leave at about 10:00 a.m. Dorey and I woke up, had breakfast, and then went on a walk in Idaho Falls.


There is something special about going for walks in places. You see things that you never see from a car. This was particularly true in Idaho Falls. We walked toward the temple, taking pictures of the Falls. We then walked into downtown. There are lots of benches in town made by artisans. Dorey’s favorite was a bench based on duck legs. Other had poems. One had boots and shoes underneath it. It was delightful public art, and made our stroll that morning so fun.




Now the stats: Yesterday, I walked 12,769 steps. As of this moment, 5:02 p.m. on Monday, August 3, 2009, I have walked in total 468,421 steps in 39 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment