Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Moody Samaritan


Dorey tried to be a nice person today. We were out on our morning walk. I was a few steps ahead of Dorey. She called out. I turned and saw that she was picking a wallet. We looked inside, and while there was no money, there was the wallet owner's high school student body card and a Chase Debit card. There was nothing, however, to identify where this guy lives.

Dorey thought that she worked with the wallet owner's mother, and so, after our walk, she looked in the phone book trying to see if she could locate the family. They were not listed. We then drove by the office of the security firms that patrol our area. There was no one there. We then went to the police station. Dorey rang the bell, and someone said that they would be out in a minute. More than 15 minutes passed, and no one came. So Dorey left, as we had planned to attend a movie. We returned to the station after the movie, and this time, we were able to drop off the wallet. What a hassle. Dorey kept saying that she wished that she had never picked up the wallet.

The stats: Yesterday, I walked 12,594 steps. Overall, as of this moment, 7:25 p.m. on Saturday, August 15, 2009, I have walked 615,669 steps in 51 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment