
Ariel spent Sunday night at the vet's office. She had a couple of small seizures during the night, which were treated with valium. She came home yesterday and acted very confused. She did not seem to know us or the house.
We took her to the neurologist today. (Who knew there was such a thing as a dog neurologist?) He thinks that she has a brain tumor. It's probably begign, and probably has not in the brain yet. The only way to verify this is with a MRI. The MRI would cost approximately $2000. I said that we would probably skip that option at this time. He has provided her with some downers, which will help control the seizures.
I hope that we made the right decision. I hate making hard decisions based on financial considerations, but I can't see spending this amount, to be followed in all probabilty with brain surgery. It just seems a bit much for a dog, even one whom we love very much.
Yesterday, I had to go to Sacramento for a deposition. I stopped in Dixon to buy gas and to take a walk. I found a wonderful park about five blocks from where I had parked the car. I walked around the park until I reached about 9,500 steps. I figured that I would get the last 1,000 steps walking back to the car. I took a different street back to the car, about a block away from the street on which I walked to the park. Big mistake. This street did not bring me back to the car, but took me away from the car. I walked over 5,000 to get back to the car. At least it was not unbearably hot in Dixon yesterday. And I was able to get closed to finishing my book on the I-Pod.
So my stats: On Sunday, I walked 11,027 steps. On Monday, I walked (unintentionally) 15,883 steps. As of this moment, at 6:07 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25, 2009, I have walked 743,193 steps in 61 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment