
Walking on very early Sunday morning is weird. Folks walk around as if they have been out all night attending secret society events, and now they must return to the light after the initiation. I am reminded of Young Goodman Brown, where Goodman Brown is carried away to the deep woods to see his wife being initiated into some secret society by many of the town elders. One guy walked up with a brief case. Another guy walked by fully dressed in a suit and a tie. By about 7:30 a.m., it become much more normal, with folks in exercise clothes and dogs. But that early morning stuff is strange.
Now the stats: Yesterday, I walked 14,544 steps. Overall, as of this moment, 7:39 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, 2009, I have walked 627,283 steps in 52 days.

Dad, is that one of the houses on the water? It looks much bigger and nicer than the houses on the water. Maybe I've just forgotten.
ReplyDeleteNo, it's a picture that we took of a mansion in the Pacific Heights neighborhood in San Francisco. It might be the Spreckles Mansion, but I would have to go back to the neighborhood to make certain.
ReplyDelete