Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday Report


By the way, I had a wonderful 50th birthday celebration. Like the date of my birth, this year was on a Friday. However, the celebration actually started on Thursday night.

That night, Dorey took me to Angelas for dinner. Angelas was a small restaurant located in a grocery store shopping center. The site was deceptive, as the food was wonderful. When Alameda reopened the theater, Angelas closed in the shopping center, and reopened in a much bigger space next to the theater. We went to the new location about a month after it reopened, and were disappointed. The space was beautiful, but the food was mediocore.

We decided to give it another chance on Thursday. Angelas was back, big time back. The duck strudel was wonderful. The rack of lamb was terrific. The bread and pesto sauce--yummers. I was so happy. And it was a great start to a birthday weekend.

The next morning I taught my seminary class, and went home and pretended to work for a couple of hours. Then Dorey kidnapped me. We went out for lunch, and then to a movie. At the edge of our island is a fence where people put up birthday greetings. I could not see one for me. Why, Dorey, I said, you should know by now that my name is not Justin, and I am not 21 years old, no matter, you old cougar you, you would like me to be. She said, just wait. I did, and saw a sign up saying Happy Birthday Jonathan. Made my day!!!!

After lunch and the movie, we headed to Pleasant Hill for a dinner with the family. I sat next to Justin, who regaled us with stories about working for a Mexican airline. At the restaurant, I had to go to the bathroom. The mens room was flooded, and the manager directed me into the ladies room. "It's just the same," he said as I walked into the ladies room. On my way out, I had to tell him that he was wrong. "The wallpaper in the mens room does not tell me that I am pretty."

After dinner, we went to Jeff's house for cake and ice cream. Sophie is turning into a rather open two year old. She delighted everyone by making Gerry, her grandfather, get up and dance with her. When she wanted to go somewhere, she would grab Chelsea as an escort.

Saturday, as noted, was spent at Filoli Gardens. We then went to Fentons for a birthday shake. Finally home to watch the BYU stomping of Tulane.

The birthday weekend was topped off with a 49er win over the Cardinals. What more could I want. Good food and good company, and two wins for my teams.

Tomorrow I finish my second million. Yesterday, I walked 10,974 steps. As of this moment, 6:46 p.m. on Tuesday, September 15, 2009, I have walked 996,696 steps in 82 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment