Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rick Wise and Filoli Gardens


Today is Rick Wise's birthday. Rick Wise was a pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies several years ago. His baseball card was in the first packet of baseball cards that I ever purchased. Because his card was in that pack and because his birthday was two days after mine, I became a Rick Wise fan. I remember one summer being in Salt Lake City and reading in the paper that Rick Wise threw a no-hitter.

I sort of lost my luster for Rick Wise, though, when he went on a head-hunting expedition against the San Francisco Giants one Sunday. I continued to follow his career, but nope, it wasn't the same. According to Wikipedia, Rick Wise is now retired after spending years as a minor league pitching coach. So, Happy Birthday, Rick Wise.

As part of my birthday weekend, Dorey took me walking through Filoli Gardens yesterday. A nice trip. And then home to watch a BYU win against Tulane. And today, a Niner win. A great birthday weekend.

Anyway, on Friday, I walked 13,510 steps. Not a bad birthday walk. On Saturday, I walked 11,843 steps. As of this moment, 5:21 p.m. on Sunday, September 13, 2009, I have walked 974,436 steps in 80 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment