Friday, September 25, 2009

Trek Days 4-8


Crazy week.

But the trek continues. On Sunday, I walked 11,079 steps, or 5.2 miles. On Monday, I walked 10,850 steps, or 5.1 miles. On Tuesday, I walked 12,693 steps, or 6.0 miles. On Wednesday, I walked 10,744 steps, or five miles. Yesterday, I walked11,949 steps, or 5.6 miles. As of yesterday, then, I have walked 45 miles. The virtual me has walked through the Caldecott Tunnel, down past Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Concord, and Martinez. I have crossed the Martinez-Benica Bridge, and am nearly reached Fairfield.

My plan was to comment on the places the virtual me was passing as I performed this walk. Unfortunately, this week did not allow me to comment on the most significant places in my life--Oakland, Orinda, Moraga, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, and Concord. However, I will soon have plenty of mountains and desert, and can make my comments about these places then.

I must say that I miss Ariel more than I thought I possibly could.

Seven days down; 575 days and 2866 miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment