Friday, July 10, 2009

Fryday


I had a great-great grandfather who in his journal would write "Friday" as "Fryday." We don't know if this was an anti-Cathlolic sentiment, or simply that he didn't know how to spell "Friday."

I would not have made a good Catholic (especially pre-Vatican II). I hate fish, and never eat it. Never, Never, Never. I like crabcakes and lobster, though. I will have a tuna fish sandwich if we can kill the taste of the tuna with enough salad dressing and pickle relish. But that's it.

In fairness, I would be a bad Jew or Muslim, because I love ham. (I could skip bacon, though). What food group is banned for Buddists?

Anyway, today's stats: Yesterday, I walked 12,648 steps. In total, as of this moment, 1.45 p.m. on Friday (or Fryday, if you will), July 10, 2009, I have walked 174,981 steps in 15 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment