
We had to be at Christian’s graduation at 8:00 a.m., so we had to be out of Idaho Falls at 7:00 p.m. There’s not a lot of campus parking. We arranged for Christian to go down early and park near the campus, and we would move into the space which he moved out of. It was a great plan, as Christian was able to pull out, and we were able to pull in.
We did not have four tickets to get into the main graduation, so Bob and Sharyn decided to see if they could get tickets at the extra ticket area. Dorey and I stood in line, waiting to get into the auditorium. It was a mad house in the line. I stood by the window and watched the folk enter the building. Lots were graduates in caps and gown, holding hands, etc. Many had babies. I sort of wished this was Christian with a wife and children. Alas...
We finally were able to get into the auditorium, but could not get the seats with backs. We sat at the end. Sharyn called on the cell phone. They were able to get tickets. They came and sat next to us. Sharyn could not walk up the rafters because of her hand, and had to crawl up them. It’s hell getting old.
Dorey sat next to a lady whose son likewise was graduating in Horticulture. Dorey discussed the Planet Competition with the lady. Both Christian and this other guy had participated, and Christian’s team won the competition. I didn’t know it was such a big deal, but apparently it is, the lady explained. We later discussed this mother’s kid with Christian. He said that the kid was universally disliked.
Shortly thereafter, rows and rows of professors walked into the graduation ceremony. Actually, it was rows and rows of the male professors walked into the graduation ceremony. Doesn’t this place hire women, I asked my mom. Then rows and rows of graduates walked into the building. I could not locate Christian in the flood.
Today's stats: Yesterday, I walked 11,828 steps. Overall, as of this moment, 7:30 p.m. on Monday, July 27, 2009, I have walked 380,779 steps in 32 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment