
Our daughter, Kate, was married on April 18, 2009, to Jacob Curtis. I have put together some notes about that weed of her wedding. I will set these out here from time to time. I will intermix the end of the New York City trip and other stuff that I want to add. So here goes:
Random Thoughts From Kate and Jacob’s Wedding
Dorey and I always bring a notebook with us when we travel. At the end of each day, we will put down in no particular order our thoughts about the day. Here’s our list for Kate and Jacob’s wedding week, with explanations when needed.
1) Tired feet from the Idaho Open House. For the past few weeks, I have been walking, trying to get in at least 10,000 steps per day. Such a program makes my doctor happy, makes Dorey happy, and makes the dog happy. It only mildly annoys me, so I measure their happiness vs. my annoyance, and their happiness wins. Because of all the walking I have been doing lately, I thought that I was ready to stand for the open house in Idaho. Nope!!! My feet were tired. My legs were tired. My upper body was tired.
As I sat there being tired, I thought about Franklin Roosevelt. Stu Grow, my political science professor, told about attending the ingraugal reception in 1936. He wondered how Roosevelt with his polio could stand there greeting folks for three hours. Stu walked around the back of the curtain which Roosevelt was standing in front of (can you imagine the secret service allowing some young unknown flunkie wander around the back of the president today), and saw that Roosevelt was leaning on a stool that was hidden between the curtain. After about the first fifteen minutes of the Idaho reception, I was wishing for a stool behind a curtain.
Today's stat: Yesterday, I walked 11,515 steps. As of this moment, 7:13 p.m. on Wednesday, July 15, 2009, I have walked 235,051 steps in 20 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment