
Today's stats: Yesterday, I walked 13,814 steps. As of this momement, 11:22 a.m. on June 27, 2009, the second day of this 1,000,000 step walk, I have walked 26,707 steps.
This past week, a couple of celebs have died: Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. They were strangely in my past, although I rarely thought about them. Charlie's Angels was becoming a hit my freshman year of college. I never watched it, but I could not escape the poster of Farrah in dorm rooms. I wasn't impressed then--she wasn't my type of gal.
I was out of touch with the world during the "Bad" phase of Michael Jackson's career--kids, graduate school, and starting a career--but the Jackson Five certainly provided a backdrop to earlier days. I was in the Sixth Grade. A few of us, boys and girls, including Robin Lancaster, were sitting in Chris Empky's backyard. Robin had lived in Alaska, and had experienced the big earthquake there in 1964--so she was exotic to us when she moved into our town. During that wet February Friday afternoon in Chris Empky's backyard, I reached across the great divide and kissed Robin. The Jackson's Five's ABC was playing in the background. "Sit down girl I think I love you/No, stand up, and show me what you can do." A nice kiss and nice music. I wonder if Robin thought about this moment when she heard that Michael Jackson had died. Wwhere Robin is now? Now Robin was my type of gal.
The picture is of a bench along the path we walked this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment