
It's a lazy Sunday afternoon, and I am too tired to update more of our recent trip to New York City today. So here are the stats:
Yesterday, I walked 13,035 steps. In total, I have walked, at this moment, 4:33 p.m. on Sunday, June 14, 2009, 874,094 steps in 79 days.
I am starting to get the feeling of closing in on the million steps. It's the same feeling I had several years ago. We were living in Los Angeles. We were driving up the I-5 on a Friday night to visit my family in the Bay Area. We could listen to KQED, the San Francisco public radio station, conduct its pledge drive. They hoped that this would be the last night of the pledge drive and would need to earn just under $20,000 that night to reach their pledge goal. It became hypnotic to listen to the station that night trying to reach the goal. That's how I feel about reaching the 1,000,000 step goal. It's hypnotic.
The picture is of Niagara Falls--the Canadian Falls--which are in their own way hypnotic.

No comments:
Post a Comment