Wednesday, June 10, 2009


A key to walking is to find a new places to walk. Last Saturday, we were headed off to Mendocino, but I took the wrong off-ramp, and headed into San Francisco instead. After crawling through the City, we finally came to the Golden Gate Bridge. I asked Dorey if she wanted to walk the Bridge if we could find a parking spot on the Marin side of the bridge. Amazingly, there were plenty of spots. So we walked the bridge. The day was warm, and the wind did not kick up, and I didn't need any jacket. That is a rarity for the bridge at any time. We saw surfers, kayaks and crew races out in the Bay. The bridge was not too crowded, so walking was pleasant. One of my favorite moments was watching a young kid take a picture of his grandfather under the sign saying slow traffic. Just a perfect walk.
Today's statistics: Yesterday, I walked 11068 steps. As of this moment, 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 10, 2009, I have walked 826,943 steps in 75 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment